ADSM-L

Re: Advice on WIN95/NT "best policy"

1998-01-22 13:02:50
Subject: Re: Advice on WIN95/NT "best policy"
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:02:50 -0800
>Zvika -
>
>Great question  - should generate some good opinions and experience/was
>stories.
>
>First, I would only suggest using the backup method you outlined.  Archive is
>not always suitable for a bare metal restore, since it does not save empty
>directories.  This may or may not be a problem based on what you install
>and how
>it works.... Backup DOES include empty directories, and is the safer approach.

Just a quick note: the Version 3 clients *do* archive empty directories
now.  This should no longer be a limiting factor in whether to use archive
or backup.  Backup is still probably the right approach for this situation.

Cheers,
Brett

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller