ADSM-L

Reclaiming Offsite Volumes

1998-01-22 13:01:00
Subject: Reclaiming Offsite Volumes
From: "TURNER, TODD" <TTURNER AT IT.REXHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:01:00 PST
We run ADSM Version 2.1.6 on a RS/6000 using 3570 B12 tape libraries.  Due
to the size limitation of the 3570 library, tapes have to be checked out
periodically so that more scratch volumes can be added.  Therefore, when I
perform reclamation of offsite volumes, it may request a tape that is not in
the library.  During reclamation, is there a way to preview the input
volumes needed in order to perform reclamation so that I can get these tapes
back into the library before reclamation starts?

If anyone has a clue, please let me know.