ADSM-L

Centralised control with V3

1998-01-22 02:36:46
Subject: Centralised control with V3
From: Chantal Loo <cloo AT FGH.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:36:46 +0200

>Hi,

The scenario :

Head office with a number of remote branches. The remote branches are
linked to the head office by slow network links. We would like to be
able to backup the branches to local tape drives, but would like to be
able to manage the backups from head office. We would like to be able to
check whether the backups that happened at the branches ran through
successfully from the head office.

>Is it possible to have ADSM backup its clients to locally attached
>drives and not be backed up to the drive attached to the server thereby
>getting away from the problem of backing up over the network? If not,
>as I suspect, how can we centrally control a number of ADSM servers
>from one particular ADSM server?

Also, could anyone please tell me whether the ADSM for AIX manuals are
available on CD.

Thanks
Chantal
cloo AT fg.co DOT za