ADSM-L

Network drives being backed up

1998-01-22 01:24:27
Subject: Network drives being backed up
From: Joubert Eugene Datavia <EugeneJo AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:24:27 +0200
HI

We are currently running ADSM v3.1 on a MVS server and we have Windows
V3.1.0.1 clients connecting to it. The problem that  we pick up is that
when a scheduled backup kick off, it backs up the local and network
filespaces even though we only specify the local drive in the dsm.opt.

Is there a option that has to be added to client or to the server  which
will only allow the backup to only backup the local drive and not the
network drives as well?
We are picking this problem on all of our Windows clients which have
remote drives connected to it.

Any help on this problem will be appreciated

Thank You

Eugene Joubert
Datavia