ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:02:07
We have seen some instances of novell file ownership changing from the
original owner to our Novell ADSM admin user.  Does anybody have any
idea how this can happen?

DETAILS:

  The novell ADSM admin user is named adsmbackup.

  We have seen directories and files have there ownership changed from
  the original owner to adsmbackup after a restore.  We have caught this

  long after the restore.  We also noticed no pattern.  Some directories
  and some files seem to have had their ownership changed.  It is not a
  case where a directory and all of the files in it have had their
  ownership changed.

  In some testing I did, I created a directory structure containing
  multiple directories and files within some of those directories.  I
  then backed up the directory structure using ADSM and deleted it from
  the Novell server.  After restoring the structure back to the server
  the ownership of everything was the way I had set it up.  No
  ownerships were changed to adsmbackup.  Next I deleted the structure
  and let ADSM go through its normal daily processing thereby
  inactivating the structure because it was deleted.  The next day I
  restored the structure.  Only the top level directory had its
  ownership changed to adsmbackup.  Every other directory and file
  in the structure had the same ownership as when I created the whole
  structure.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated

  Ron
--openmail-part-0451eb36-00000002--