ADSM-L

beware of "multibyte package" of v3-winnt-client

1998-01-20 09:24:06
Subject: beware of "multibyte package" of v3-winnt-client
From: Reinald Gfuellner <gfullner AT LPR.E-TECHNIK.TU-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:24:06 +0100
ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/fixes/v3r1/win32/intel/readme.ftp
does not give a explicit explaination of the term :

    "IP21169S.EXE contains the single byte installation package
     IP21169M.EXE contains the multi-byte installation package"

apparentely "multi-byte" means multy-byte character representation.

after having "completely )-8 " deinstalled the korean/chinese version
any trial to start a subsequentely installed european-language-version
crashed with:

        "Failed loading language DLL (dsc30chs.dll)
         Please make sure the DLL is installed correctly"

because I am just a ignorant unix-user I had to learn once more
why windows nt called is the most _installed_ operading system.

btw: will there be an asdm-version for linux ?

--