ADSM-L

PROBLEMS WITH 4.3GB HARD DRIVE

1998-01-19 13:35:54
Subject: PROBLEMS WITH 4.3GB HARD DRIVE
From: Tahir Mahmood <tmahmood AT VANSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:35:54 -0500
Hi,

I am running ADSM V2R1 server on top of an OS/2 Warp Connect ver 3.0. The
ADSM clients include three OS/2 WARP Servers and one Novell 3.12 server. On
one of the OS/2 WARP server I have a 4.3 GB SCSI UW (SE) drive. All the
other clients have hard drives of 2+ GB.

The backup hierarchy is a 1GB Primary Stgpool which is migrated to an
Exabyte 210 R tape library.

The problem I am facing is that when I run an incremental backup schedule on
these clients all the filespaces on the clients backup nicely except the 4.3
GB one. The server having this 4.3 GB drive also has other 2 GB drives which
backup ok. Whenever the schedule starts on the 4.3 GB drive the OS/2 traps
out. To circumvent this problem I am at present running a number of
selective schedules to capture a backup of the important directories on the
4.3 GB drive.

The solution I am seeking should enable me to backup the entire 4.3 GB drive
alongwith other filespaces in one go.

Any help in this regard would be welcome !!

Tahir M
Network Analyst
ALCATEL, Vancouver
Canada