ADSM-L

Recovery Log

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Recovery Log
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 1/19/98 6:29AM
We have seen a similar problem, but it was a "one time only" occurrence in
our shop.  At the time, I didn't get much in the way of documentation, but it
was suggested that long running threads (such as a long backup) tie up space
in the log that is not cleared when a backup is taken because the thread is
still active.  Unfortunately, I did not have the right documentation to
verify this in my shop, although I do know that an Expire Inventory (which
runs 8+ hours) was running at the time of the failure.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    1/19/98 6:29 AM

Hi ADSMers

We have some problems with the Recovery Log. It's growing and growing. When
we do a daily Full Database backup, the Recovery Log should empty, but it
don't. The only way to empty the Log is by taking ADSM down.

We have 6 Gb Database and nearly 4 Gb Recovery Log in RollForwardMode.

Databasebackuptrigger is set to 80%, and it goes on forever doing
Incremetals and Full databasebackups, because %util. remain over 80%.

I'm on Release 2 and running on MVS.

Ole Wiese
Unibank
E-mail: WIESE AT UNIBANK.DK400 DOT DK