ADSM-L

Re: MS_Exchange backupt

1998-01-17 05:27:00
Subject: Re: MS_Exchange backupt
From: Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini) <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Saturday, January 17, 1998 10:27 AM
Hello,
I am using ADSM and BackupExec to backup our 4 Exchange Servers (14GB).
I am using ADSM V2.1 on AIX server (V3 on NT in the future). and
BackupExec V7.0.
ADSM server has been seen as an autoloader on the BackupExec server. Be
careful to install this configuration you have to buy. (BackupExec V7.0,
Exchange Module, Autoloader Module, ADSM Module).
It's very important to used BENT V7.0 instead of V6.11. BENT V7.0 have
an Accelerator Agent that increase performance a lot.
For the moment I am using 10Mb/s Half Duplex Switched as network
configuration (100Mb/s Full Duplex in the future).=20
To backup our 14GB of Exchange data it take among 4-5Hours (40 to 50
MB/min).
When I will be in 100Mb/s FD, I tell how much time it take.
Regards