ADSM-L

Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

1998-01-17 20:06:25
Subject: Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 19:06:25 -0600
Cindy,

  Our TCPBuffSize is normally @ 24 and our TCPWindowSize @ 31.
  On the remote sites we went to 12 and 16, respectively.

  I also suspect that the network in these locations is simply being
overloaded and the above change was a more economical solution than
modifying our current network.  As we are doing a network upgrade in the
near future , it did not seem reasonable to waste resources with the
current network.  If this were not the case, I would have requested that
some research be done on a better resolution.  Throttling back the backups
is fine as long as we meet our window, but restores are another matter.  If
the network cannot handle a reasonable restore, then our customers need to
be aware of this fact.

I hope I have not muddied the waters.
  Dan T.