ADSM-L

Re: NT Server Setup and other Questions

1998-01-16 17:00:53
Subject: Re: NT Server Setup and other Questions
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:00:53 -0600
Regarding the ADSM for NT client installation, we've seen this problem and,
while we don't know exactly what situations(s) cause it, we've generally
been able to avoid it by doing the following:

(1 Scanning the c:\winnt directory for a copy of "uninst.exe" and renaming
   it, if found, prior to invoking ADSM's \DISK1\SETUP program; I think its
   another version created by Netfinity (another IBM product) but I'm not
   sure.

(2 If Lotus Notes Domino is running, stop it before invoking \DISK1\SETUP

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM on 01/16/98 10:06:05 AM