ADSM-L

ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

1998-01-16 12:44:31
Subject: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
From: "David H. Wentworth" <David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:44:31 -0800
We've been attempting a restore for a couple of days on a NetWare client
that keeps halting with the message "ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP
connection failure." The ethernet segment has a lot of traffic and we've
seen other communications problems, so I'm guessing that's the cause. Does
anyone have suggestions on how to stop the client from halting the restore?
A setting in dsm.opt perhaps? Here are the version details:

Server: MVS Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.10
Client: Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.7

We're using the default settings in dsm.opt and the comm method of TCP/IP.

Any help will be much appreciated.

        Dave

| David Wentworth          | University of California |
| Programmer/Analyst       | Office of the President  |
| david.wentworth AT ucop DOT edu | Information Resources    |
|                          |   & Communications       |