ADSM-L

Re: MS_Exchange backupt

1998-01-16 12:35:42
Subject: Re: MS_Exchange backupt
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:35:42 -0500
Tom,

I cannot comment on the Seagate solution but I do know
that the Microsoft Exchange Server backup API's give you access
to both Exchange Databases (Directory and Information Store)
as ONE LARGE OBJECT.  Any application that uses the documented
Exchange backup and restore API's to do backups, must deal
with them as one large object.
But, when doing incremental backups, only the log files are
backed up and not the entire database itself.
I hope this helps.

Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development