ADSM-L

Error Message ANR2452E

1998-01-16 10:34:07
Subject: Error Message ANR2452E
From: Tony Pietrusiewicz <PIETRUSIEWICZT AT BCBSIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:34:07 -0600
Hi ADSMers:
When trying to add a recovery log volume I received error message
ANR2452E - MAXIMUM RECOVERY LOG CAPACITY EXCEEDED.

I'm using ADSM version 2 on an MVS Server.

I created two  recovery log volumes and tried to add them.
One log volume of 9 cyls; the other 1100 cyls.

I was able to add the 9 cyl volume with no problem. When I tried to add
the 1100 cyl log volume I received error message: ANR2452E
MAXIMUM RECOVERY LOG CAPACITY EXCEEDED. Explanation - A
"Define DB Volume " command would cause the size of the recovery log
to exceed the maximum size supported by the server.

So, it looks to me like IBM is telling me that ADSM has a maximum for its
log. But I can't find anywhere in the documentation what the maximum is.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what the maximum is ?
This is the second time I posed this question on the list.

Tony Pietrusiewicz
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois