ADSM-L

Re: Event Notification

1998-01-15 14:50:31
Subject: Re: Event Notification
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:50:31 -0600
John,

  We have had similar needs.  Another group in my company licensed a
product called WinBatch from Wilson Windowware that I am currently looking
at.

I have successfully used Visual Basic to make a utility to run a large
number of commands, a few at a time.  As you indicated, it does a query
process and when a minimal threshold is reached, it issues the next
command.  I had to move many nodes from one server to another, and this
made it a lot easier.

I am always looking out for a good NT Automatic Operations tool.  If I see
one, I will report this to the forum.

Good luck,
  Dan T.