ADSM-L

Removing/Reducing Client Authorizations in ADSM V2

1998-01-14 15:24:43
Subject: Removing/Reducing Client Authorizations in ADSM V2
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:24:43 -0600
One way to accomplish this is to edit the /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/adsmserv.licens
es file (first making a backup copy of course).  Each line is a license key.
When you registered the clients, you usually do it in increments....say 50 at
a time.  You can delete on of the
lines that have the clients license keys and then run the AUDIT LICENSE
command.  The server  will now have 50 (our what ever the increment) less
client licenses.

Chuck T.
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>In V2, however, it appears that REGISTER LICENSE has been changed in a way
>that only allows increasing the number of client authorizations.  That
>would prevent me from doing the balancing that I've been able to do in the
>past.
>
>Is that really the way V2 licensing works?  Does anyone know of any way to
>decrease the number of client authorizations?
>
>Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
>
>Dennis Schaffer
>Mutual of Omaha

Chuck T.