ADSM-L

Re: Tape Copy - Destroyed

1998-01-14 14:29:08
Subject: Re: Tape Copy - Destroyed
From: "Booher, Joelle M" <jmbooher AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:29:08 -0500
Hi Glenn,

You can't mark a tape from a copy storage pool 'destroyed', and you
can't do a restore volume on a copy storage pool tape.  These functions
are only valid for volumes in a primary storage pool.

You will need to delete the volume using the 'discarddata=yes'
parameter.  This data is now deleted from your copy storage pool.
However, it still exists in your primary storage pool, and the next time
you do a backup from your primary to copy stg pool, it will re-copy this
data back to the copy stg pool.

Joelle Booher
Joelle Booher
NT Technical Support