ADSM-L

Re: Tape Copy - Destroyed

1998-01-14 14:10:33
Subject: Re: Tape Copy - Destroyed
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:10:33 -0500
If this is a copy pool tape, all you have to do is a DELETE VOLUME and
specify DISCARDDATA=YES.
(Your data is already toast, anyway)
ADSM will delete the volume from its inventory and update the data base
to reflect the fact that those files no longer have a copy in the copy
pool
And, the next time you back up your primary storage pool, ADSM should
copy the data to the copy pool again, so you'll be covered.