ADSM-L

Re: DBBackuptrigger

1998-01-14 08:41:18
Subject: Re: DBBackuptrigger
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:41:18 -0500
I had the same problem (Recovery log filling up), and set up a
DBBackuptrigger.  You have to have your log in Rollforward mode for the trigger
to be enabled (q status will show you, on the last 2 lines, the status of these
things).  The only problem with Rollforward mode is that the log will not be
reduced EXCEPT by a database backup, where in Normal mode it will commit on its
own.

I did hit another problem when using this - my DSMSERV process would crash
because we were running too many database backups too quickly.  I would end up
running about 5 incremental backups durring a 9 hour period when the nodes were
backing up.  ADSM Support said that the fix will be out for that in PTF 16,
which is still not available.

Solution to this was to get more log space.  Fixed it right up.

Current enviorment is 2.1.15 on AIX.

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Storage Management Team
RTP, NC
T/L 444-7302
919-254-7302

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 01/13/98 04:44:21 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet