ADSM-L

Re: Number of backup copies to keep

1998-01-14 08:09:14
Subject: Re: Number of backup copies to keep
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Betsy.Moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:09:14 -0600
Just as a point of reference, for our workstation data we keep three versions
for 30 days.  For deleted files we keep 1 version for 60 days.  We've been
doing this for a couple of years and haven't had any problems so far.  Most
of the data we store this way is personal, work documents (letters, forms,
etc.) or programming development items.  Most of our workstation users are
program developers.  I couldn't tell you if this was "reasonable and
customary" for everyone, though.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 01/13/98 03:51:43 PM