ADSM-L

Re: Configuration help

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Re: Configuration help
From: Rodney S. Richeson
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I'm in the AS/400 workspace, and wonder why you use ADSM to do only 400 =
backups.  Now I  haven't worked with the ADSM 400 client, but 400
backups are easy and fast natively.

Rod
AMX Systems, Inc.

Kelly J. Lipp wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> Here's the config:
>
> 2 ES/9000 MVS Systems
> 1 SP/2 AIX
> x RS/6000 AIX
> 1 AS/400
> y NT
>
> All connected to an EMC shared DASD system.  Being the ADSM bigot that =
I am I think ADSM is the way to back this mess up:

> ADSM Server on the SP/2 (Robot to be determined later)
> ADSM Server on AS/400 (to back up that system only)
> ADSM Clients on the ES/9000, RS/6000 and the NT systems
>
> Since this is all network storage, backup over the network means two =
network trips, so perhaps a second network might make some sense.