ADSM-L

Re: Problems with writing to manual 8mm tape drive

1998-01-09 11:17:24
Subject: Re: Problems with writing to manual 8mm tape drive
From: "Rodney S. Richeson" <rricheson AT AMXINC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 08:17:24 -0800
Your on the right track, but you need to set the 8mm as a different type of
tape drive.

In SMIT you need to add an adsm device, with the mt point of \dev\mtx, x being
the number of the device on \dev\rmtx.  This will create another definition,
I'm not an AIX guru.  Then delete your current 8mm drive inside adsm, and
redefine it as a 8mm tape using the mount point on \dev\mtx.  When you query
the drive after that it should be listed as a 8mm tape and not generic tape.
Generic tape is, afaik, a NT thing.

E'mail direct if you have some more questions.

Rod Richeson
AMX Systems, Inc.