ADSM-L

Configuration help

1998-01-09 11:27:38
Subject: Configuration help
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:27:38 -0700
Howdy folks,

Here's the config:

2 ES/9000 MVS Systems
1 SP/2 AIX
x RS/6000 AIX
1 AS/400
y NT

All connected to an EMC shared DASD system.  Being the ADSM bigot that I am I
think ADSM is the way to back this mess up:

ADSM Server on the SP/2 (Robot to be determined later)
ADSM Server on AS/400 (to back up that system only)
ADSM Clients on the ES/9000, RS/6000 and the NT systems

Since this is all network storage, backup over the network means two network
trips, so perhaps a second network might make some sense.

Anybody have any ideas, comments or concerns about this proposed solution?

TIA,

Kelly Lipp
SSSI