ADSM-L

Re: Y2K dry run

1998-01-08 18:17:19
Subject: Re: Y2K dry run
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:17:19 +1100
Julie,

I would suggest that you want to also see whether the expiration of
old back ups works as well.  Perhaps you want to ensure that there are
some backups/archives created this millenium and some created next
which will expire during the first week or so of 2000 then bring up
your test machine with a date of 2000-02-01 and see what happens to
those files.

Are you using age based archival for space management?  Do you need to
do a similar thing to above for online files which have not been
changed/accessed for a period of time to see if they will be
automatically archived off disk to tape?

Are there any issues with "magic" expiration dates?  I don't think so
but I am currently wrestling with a problem where our CA-ASM2 storage
management software won't append archives to a tape two days running.
 I think this may be because our tape management software considers an
expiration date of 98xxx to be a special case.

Murray Nicholas
IT Systems Consultant
Galeforce Information Services Pty Ltd
email:  murray AT galeforce.bu.aust DOT com