ADSM-L

client accounting

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: client accounting
From: John & Jennifer Price
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We recently SET ACCOUNTING ON in an attempt to determine transfer rates =
from our clients.
The information in dsmaccnt.log on the server does not seem to be =
consistent with the information
in dsmsched.log on the client. For example (info for the same session =
from each end):

From dsmaccnt.log
Field17=3D965873 (backup files sent in KB)
Field21=3D13968  (duration of sessions in seconds)
Field22=3D816    (idle wait time in seconds)
Field23=3D13086  (communicaitons wait time in seconds)
Field24=3D0      (media wait time in seconds)

From dsmsched.log
Total number of bytes transferred:   943.3 MB
Data transfer time:                2,540.99 sec
Data transfer rate:                  380.16 KB/s
Elapsed processing time:            3:52:46

Looking only at the server side, how am I supposed to calculate an =
accurate transfer rate from
what I am given in dsmaccnt.log? Is there any way to get accurate =
information without having to
go to each client to retrieve dsmsched.log? Does the central logging =
feature of ADSMv3 provide
this information at the server? Does anyone know how fields 22-24 of =
dsmaccnt.log are calculated?
Can anyone tell me how to come up with 380.16 KB/s given only the data =
in dsmaccnt.log?

HELP!