ADSM-L

client accounting

1998-01-07 21:39:49
Subject: client accounting
From: John & Jennifer Price <jp AT DBTECH DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:39:49 -0600
We recently SET ACCOUNTING ON in an attempt to determine transfer rates from
our clients.
The information in dsmaccnt.log on the server does not seem to be consistent
with the information
in dsmsched.log on the client. For example (info for the same session from each
end):

From dsmaccnt.log
Field17=965873 (backup files sent in KB)
Field21=13968  (duration of sessions in seconds)
Field22=816    (idle wait time in seconds)
Field23=13086  (communicaitons wait time in seconds)
Field24=0      (media wait time in seconds)

From dsmsched.log
Total number of bytes transferred:   943.3 MB
Data transfer time:                2,540.99 sec
Data transfer rate:                  380.16 KB/s
Elapsed processing time:            3:52:46

Looking only at the server side, how am I supposed to calculate an accurate
transfer rate from
what I am given in dsmaccnt.log? Is there any way to get accurate information
without having to
go to each client to retrieve dsmsched.log? Does the central logging feature of
ADSMv3 provide
this information at the server? Does anyone know how fields 22-24 of
dsmaccnt.log are calculated?
Can anyone tell me how to come up with 380.16 KB/s given only the data in
dsmaccnt.log?

HELP!