ADSM-L

Re[2]: NT v3 Client Code service instal

1998-01-07 17:11:07
Subject: Re[2]: NT v3 Client Code service instal
From: Donald Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 16:11:07 -0600
      I also reported this to IBM and they stated that using the DSMCUTIL was
the only way to do this.

Subject: Re: NT v3 Client Code service instal
Author:  Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET> at intpo
Date:    1/7/98 3:57 PM

_
        Robert,

        The same thing confused me in v3.  You can run the dsmcsvci.exe
        from v2 if you copy over that file, and adsm32.dll.  This of
        course will not work if you only have v3 to work with.

        The other option is to use:  dsmcutil.exe, which is a more cryptic
        command line method.  I typed:

        dsmcutil install /name:"dsmc schedule" /password:xxxxx
        /node:xxxxxx /autostart:yes

        It is kind of 'stone knives and bear skins' but it seems to work.

        I hope IBM rectifies this soon.

        Ben

--
Benjamin Kokenge