ADSM-L

Re: Notes Agent:Scheduling with ADSM

1998-01-06 15:17:23
Subject: Re: Notes Agent:Scheduling with ADSM
From: Deanna Dang <dnd AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:17:23 -0500
Try the following to schedule ADSMConnect Agent backup on AIX:
----------------------------
If you are to schedule databases backup on an ON-LINE Lotus Notes serveIf you
are to schedule databases backup on an ON-LINE Lotus Notes server,
use the Lotus Notes scheduler.

If you are to schedule databases backup on an OFF-LINE Lotus Notes server
or on a Lotus Notes client workstation, use the ADSM backup/archive client.

Below are instructions on how to schedule databases backup in each case.

 1. By using the Lotus Notes scheduler on an online Lotus Notes server:
 On your Lotus Notes server workstation, open the server's names.nsf database.
 On the navigation panel, select Server/Programs/Add Program.  A blank Program
 document will be opened up.  Fill in the required information.  For example,
 to incrementally backup all databases in the server's data directory each day
 at 12:00am, set up the following parameters:

 program name:       dsmnotes
 Command line:       incr * -adsmpw=mypw
 Server to run on:   <your Lotus Notes server name>
 Comments:           <your comments>
 Enabled/Disabled:   ENABLED
 Run at times:       12:00AM each day
 Days of week:       Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat

 Save the Program document.  Note that the wildcard character '*' is
 not prefixed with the backslash character '\' because we are not
 running the ADSMConnect Agent at the shell prompt.

 For more information on setting up the Program document in the names.nsf
 database, refer to your Lotus Notes Admin books.

 2. By using the ADSM backup/archive client:
 Prereq: A node id for the  ADSMConnect agent (**)
         A node id for the backup/archive client (can be same as **)
         Admin access to the ADSM server

 The easiest way to set up the scheduler is by using the ADSM admin GUI.