ADSM-L

Re: Performance Tuning

1997-12-31 08:33:18
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 08:33:18 -0500
What kind of clients are you backing up?
In the Windows 3.1/NT/95 environment you can increase the TCPBUFFSIZE to
32 and the TCPWINDOWSIZE to 24 which may speed up the process although
it takes more memory on the client. Also, make sure that you have the
Quiet statement in the clients' DSM.OPT file. This reduces the overhead
on the client and can improve your backup performance especially on
Netware clients.
Good luck -
CR

Cris Robinson