ADSM-L

3494 Contention Issue

1997-12-29 14:38:06
Subject: 3494 Contention Issue
From: David Wilshire <DWILSHIR AT LENSCRAFTERS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:38:06 -0500
Hola, amigos!

I'm having an intermittant problem with my 3494 that maybe you've seen before.

I share a 3590 tape drive in a 3494 library with an AS/400 (my ADSM server is
AIX).  Every now and then, the AS/400 operator will call and say that they
can't allocate the drive.  ADSM is not using it at the time, no tapes are
mounted, and everything looks fine.  In order to de-allocate the drive, I have
to run "tapeutil" on the ADSM server, reserve the drive, and release it.  Only
then will the drive get allocated by the AS/400.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David Wilshire, Systems Administrator
dwilshir AT lenscrafters DOT com