ADSM-L

Re: SAP/R3 online backup with backint & ADSM

1997-12-23 11:22:01
Subject: Re: SAP/R3 online backup with backint & ADSM
From: Tracey Harris <Tracey_Harris AT CSS.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:22:01 -0600
Many of the tablespace names are very similar, i.e. the names vary by a
single character (e.g. psapBtabd and psapStabd).   Double check your
logs.   The first time I viewed our backint logs, I thought I was seeing
duplicate entries.   If you do indeed have multiple entries for the same
tablespace, you have a serious problem.

We are current using backint to do online backups of our SAP databases.
All of our tablespaces are switched into backup mode once at the
beginning of the backup.   After the backup is complete, they are
switched back.   We are still in the testing stage with ADSM, so we
haven't tested the restores yet.   I'll let you know if the restores are
successful.

Backint 2.1.2.7
SAP 30F
Oracle 7.3.3