ADSM-L

Re: ADSM across ATM

1997-12-19 09:41:38
Subject: Re: ADSM across ATM
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:41:38 -0500
Jeff, the killer on 100Mb ethernet will be the small ethernet mtu. We've
run data direct to tape over the SP switch and get about 5 MB/sec per
tape unit (my peak so far has been 39 GB/hr of SAP Oracle database to
three tape units). Using the 100Mb ethernet, I get closer to 2.7 MB/sec
per tape unit and I haven't been able to drive any given 100Mb card over
42-45Mb (three concurrent sessions, same ADSM server and tape units, an
8-way SMP system as the client -- just like the over-the-switch config,
but a free-standing J30).

Tom Kauffman
Senior Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc