ADSM-L

Re: A macro with background processes?

1997-12-17 13:38:53
Subject: Re: A macro with background processes?
From: "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:38:53 -0500
You did not mention what platform you are running on, so I will answer
in unix.  In order to make sure the checkin completes, you can check for
the existence of the completion message in the actlog before continuing
to your next command and just loop until you pick up the message. Have a
counter so that it will not loop forever.  You can do this easily with
"dsmadmc q actlog | grep ANRxxxxx"
This should get you started.....
Good luck!