ADSM-L

AIX Client memory leak?

1997-12-16 14:35:24
Subject: AIX Client memory leak?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:35:24 -0500
Our local AIX guru asks..

ADSM on one of the AIX boxes is at client V2 R1.6; OS is 4.2.1.0

Have you heard anything about the client running out of memory? I'm not
getting the filesystems on (the box) backed up. When I look at the
process's memory usage I see that it's currently using 21,856 Kb of
memory (with a resident set size of 572 Kb). There is 256 Mb of core
memory in Saturn and 264 Mb of swap space (currently 73% used). After
restarting the daemon it has memory use of 1,300 and 1,212 respectively.

All in all it smells like a memory leak to me. I'll let you know if all
filesystems get backed up tonight with the fresh restart.

Thanks in advance,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith                            adsm AT adsm.caps.maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator   UNET (formerly CAPS) - U Maine System