ADSM-L

Re: SNMP setup v3, nt40

1997-12-15 14:18:37
Subject: Re: SNMP setup v3, nt40
From: Tim Mortimer <mortimt AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:18:37 -0500
When we investigated this for the ADSM V3 Technical Guide,
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/SG242236/sg242236.htm, we found that the SNMPD
shipped with AIX and NT did not support DPI.  To get it working we downloaded
and used the IBM systemview agent. We only tested the AIX agent but the NT
agent setup should be very similar. This can be obtained at
http://www.networking.ibm.com/sha/shawin.html

>Wondering if anyone has setup the new SNMP ADSM monitoring capablities
>with version 3 specifically on NT 4.0 server.

>I am trying this but am having problems getting the ADSM subagent to
>communicate with the NT agent.  The ADSM documentation states that "the
>installed SNMP agent must support the DPI API version 2.0 standard".  I
>have checked my NT SNMP service configuration and the service is
>running.  I have also checked the config in the dsmserv.opt file.

>Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Cheers, Tim
ITSO - San Jose Center
Telephone/fax: (408)-927-3629 / 3616
Internet:   mortimt AT us.ibm DOT com