ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & BackupExec

1997-12-11 18:14:27
Subject: Re: ADSM & BackupExec
From: Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 18:14:27 -0500
Thank you for contacting me. I did read your response to Mr. Boireau and if
I'm interpreting your workaround solution right, we are already doing it.
The copy destination for MC_VT copy group under ADSM is a disk storage
pool that has plenty of space. We send it to disk first, then let migration
move the files to tape when it's needed.

Even with this setup, when a backup starts it mounts the same tape and reads
a little bit off of it, unloads the tape and then will start writing to the
disk storage pool. I have verified that it is doing a read on this tape using
the ADSM accounting data.

That's why I find it's behavior so strange. As I mentioned in my mail message,
it causes us a problem because we have to keep that "special" tape it wants
in the library all the time.

Any more insight you can give on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
If I need to open a call with Seagate let me know.

Thanks again for your response.

Cyndi

 Cyndi Wood                      SAS Institute Inc.
 snockw AT vms.sas DOT com              SAS Campus Drive
 VAX Systems Support             E217
 (919)677-8000 x7440             Cary, NC 27513