ADSM-L

Re: TME product and ADSM

1997-12-11 12:06:19
Subject: Re: TME product and ADSM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:06:19 -0500
Look at the doc for the V3 ADSM server.
It is supposed to include its own monitoring capability.
You can set up definitions to have the V3 server trap any message(s) you
want, and send alerts to MVS Netview, or to any SNMP monitor (such as
AIX Netview or HP OPenview).  Or send them to a user-written program.
Or record them in a flat file.  Or have some alerts go one place and
some go another.  Or have them all go everywhere!

Now, I have only seen the doc for the TME 10 interface, and only seen
the doc for the V3  server, I haven't tried using either one myself..
But if I understand it correctly, the V3 server would make the TME 10
product unnecessary (unless you did indeed prefer the TME user
interface).

Has anybody actually tried the V3 implementation?

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert