ADSM-L

Re: reorganize ADSM server layout

1997-12-10 15:21:19
Subject: Re: reorganize ADSM server layout
From: "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:21:19 -0500
I have done this similar task in the past.  The way I did it was to
first define the new storage pools, logvs, dbvs,etc  (if you have enough
disk space), then reduce the storage pools and log and db online -
getting rid of the old volumes.  This was done to eliminate downtime on
the adsm server. If you do not have enough disk space to do this for all
at once, maybe you could do it one at a time, or break the db and log
mirrors while you are doing this.  If you do not have any additional
disk space, I am not sure your way will work.  There is a control file
that lists all the volumes defined (dsmserv.dsk I think) and you might
have to manually edit this file to start dsmserv.  I talked to adsm
support on the issue and they did help me through it.....Good luck!