ADSM-L

Can't Start Archive

1997-12-09 20:50:50
Subject: Can't Start Archive
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:50:50 -0400
I have been able to go to anyone of a number of nodes (Novell, SunOS, NT)
and issue th command from a prompt "dsmc archive -sub=yes sys:\*) and start
a successfull archive. If I set up the GUI Backup/Archive for Archive for a
node with the same parameters the job fails. Sometime for reason code "4"
and sometime with any error that it is "trying invalid protocol". Does
anyone have any idea? The server is a v2.1.6 on RS6000 F50