ADSM-L

Re: nt adsm backup

1997-12-09 17:00:49
Subject: Re: nt adsm backup
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:00:49 -0700
Backup can be scheduled either from the NT side or from the ADSM server
side.  Which would you like to do?

If you decide to choose the ADSM server side, you must create a backup
schedule on the server and include the node you desire to backup in that
schedule.  Next, a scheduler agent must be running on the client machine to
be backed up.  In the case of NT, you would create an NT service that runs
in the background that will be contacted by the ADSM server at backup time.
 You can use the dsmsvci program in the ADSM/BACLIENT directory.

This probably all sounds greek to you.  You can contact me directly and I
can perhaps walk you through it.

Kelly Lipp
SSSI
719-531-5926