ADSM-L

Re: AIX Backup Problem (ADSM V3)

1997-12-09 11:36:42
Subject: Re: AIX Backup Problem (ADSM V3)
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:36:42 -0500
Mount points are normally for tape drives.

If you are trying to backup direct to tape, you must have enough tape
drives available to back up every client that is trying to send data
concurrently. If you are not trying to backup direct to tape, it sounds
as though your management class definitions may be incorrect.

Is your AIX client supposed to be using the same management class as
your win95 client?
To verify, check what management class your AIX client is assigned to.
From the AIX GUI client (dsm), select Utilities/Display Policy
Information.
From the AIX command line client (dsmc), enter:  query mgmtclass

Now go to the ADSM server and check the backup copy group for the
management class.
Make sure the Destination Storage Pool is set to go where you
expect.....

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert