ADSM-L

Re: ADSMConnect Agent fro SQL Server

1997-12-05 13:57:08
Subject: Re: ADSMConnect Agent fro SQL Server
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:57:08 -0500
Malkit,

Actually, the first response to this append is not correct.  You can run any
type
of command you want from the scheduler as long as the schedule is defined
as a type ACTION=COMMAND.

In fact, this exact procedure was tested prior to GA.  There was a problem
with the GA level of the version 3 BASE client having to do with ACTION=COMMAND
schedules, so if you are running the V3 client scheduler you need to make sure
you
have the latest PTF for the BASE C3 client applied.
After doing so, some other things to check...

   - the "script" file is in a path that the NT service can access
      (network drives don't work)
      (try specifying a complete path of a local drive)
   -  try a simple script like an echo to a file to see if it works

If you are still having problems please call IBM ADSM support.

Thanks.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development