ADSM-L

ADSM on MVS

1997-12-04 12:51:29
Subject: ADSM on MVS
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:51:29 -0600
We have a software pkg called HSC that runs on MVS and manages tapes.  We
want to use extended tapes for ADSM.  You can tell HSC to use extended
tapes for all tapes with a particular dataset name (in our case,
PRODSTN.BFS).   HSC doesn't see that dataset name, though, apparently it's
seeing a temporary dataset name that is used prior to the actual name... so
THAT's the name we need to key off of.  Does anyone know what that
temporary name is?  Someone had opened up a problem record with HSC and
ADSM, and indicated they got around it by specifying ADSM.* .*  or
something along those lines.     Does ADSM use the started task name in
that temporary name?
If you do know what the temporary name is, do you know if it's the same
name for all storage pools?
Thanks!
Julie
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM