ADSM-L

MOVE DRMEDIA question

1997-12-03 18:24:16
Subject: MOVE DRMEDIA question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 18:24:16 -0500
I am just reading the doc, preparing to implement DRM.
Server is ADSM 2.1.5.13 on AIX 4.2.1, with an automated SCSI tape
library.

The doc says that when you do a MOVE DRMEDIA WHEREST=NOTMOUNTABLE, the
volume will be removed from the library inventory.  (And presumably you
physically eject the volumes and take them offsite.)

When the volumes are ready to come back onsite, you do a MOVE DRMEDIA
WHERESTATE=COURIERRETRIEVE(?).
But it doesn't say anything about getting the volumes back into the
library inventory as SCRATCH volumes.

Do I have to do a regular CHECKIN, or is there a DRM command to put the
volumes back in my tape robot?

Thanks.