ADSM-L

F.Y.I - a slight snag when restoring ADSM database to previous version

1997-12-03 14:30:03
Subject: F.Y.I - a slight snag when restoring ADSM database to previous version
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:30:03 -0800
We ran into a small problem when restoring our ADSM database to an
earlier date:

We needed to restore one of our databases to a date over 1 week ago.
since we only keep inactive versions for one week, we needed to restore
the ADSM database to a prior date. After the restore of the ADSM
database to the date after the needed file, we listed both active and
inactive files. The file we wanted should have been the most receient
inactive version, but the list showed no inactive files.
The snag was that after restoring the ADSM database, we restarted the
ADSM server, and expiration processing ran, deleting all version older
than one week from todays date.
The fix was to change the date on the ADSM server to an earlier date
before restoring and restarting the ADSM database.
Thought this might save someone some grief in the future.