ADSM-L

Re: TIMBERLINE with SCSI-2 interface

1997-12-02 08:26:03
Subject: Re: TIMBERLINE with SCSI-2 interface
From: John Groves <jmg AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 07:26:03 -0600
Yves,

Read your "Enhanced ADSM" documentation -- it is quite complete on
this.  You do not run Timberline drives as 3480 compatibles, and I don't
think you can add them with smitty as "adsm devices".  There is a
separate driver (not OST or ATAPE) and ADSM device type.  Your
Timberlines need to be loaded with "native timberline" microcode rather
than "3490 emulation" microcode to do this.  Make sure you are using the
right drive microcode, device driver (which should be automatic if you
have the right microcode), and device type in ADSM, and it should be no
problem.

--
John Groves,                       Mail: jmg AT openmic DOT com
John Groves,                       Mail: jmg AT openmic DOT com