ADSM-L

Getting a Feel for Offsite Storage

1997-11-26 16:29:34
Subject: Getting a Feel for Offsite Storage
From: Scott Temonia <Scott.Temonia AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:29:34 -0600
I just created my first copy pool and ran a backup of my two primary tape
storage pools to the copy pool.  Once I "check out" the tapes in the copy
pool to send them off-site I still have a record of the tapes in the copy
pool as available volumes but they are in an "offsite" state.  What's the
best way to manage the copy pool ?  Obviously I'll want to run at least a
weekly backup of my primary tape storage pool and I'll want to use new
tapes for the weekly backups.  How are other people managing copy pools and
what are some ways to set up a tape rotation for the copy pool.  I'm kind
of in that stage where I feel almost warm and fuzzy since I now have a
backup of my backup but now I am saying to myself "NOW WHAT"

Any suggestions or recommendations ?

Thanks
Scott Temonia
Network Engineer