ADSM-L

Storage/Tape Problem

1997-11-25 13:18:00
Subject: Storage/Tape Problem
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:18:00 -0800
Hello All,

I am experiencing a problem with my Disk Storage pools and there
successor tape pool.
My situation is as follows,

Disk(AIX0_Diskpool) pool size is 2.5 MB with its next
pool(AIX0_Tapepool, with a maximum scratch volume limit of 500) size set
to the limitations of a fixed 3590 tape library of 10 tapes, which some
of the tapes are assigned to backups/archive, with at least 3 tapes
labeled as scratch and available.

        Error Message:  ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2824 for
node N1 (SQL-BACKTRACK) - no space available in storage
pool AIX0_DISKPOOL and all successor pools.

Has anyone else run into this situation...??????????

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Administrator
Snohomish County PUD
tjsinclair AT snopud DOT com