ADSM-L

Multiple tapes for a single client backup.

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Subject: Multiple tapes for a single client backup.
From: Wayne Gorton [SMTP:wayneg AT AU1.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Howdy all,
I believe this question may have been asked before, but I could not
remember
the answer.

Is there a way for 1 client to use multiple tape drives when backing up one
system.

We have recently implemented a database replication environment, where all
the
data is replicated to the ADSM server. It is then backed up. The problem is
that we have 3 3590 drives, but only 1 gets used.
This doesn't make sense. ADSM should be scalable.
We want to use all the 3590's to backup the data as fast as possible.
We think it's silly to have to configure multiple clients to make use of
the
drives. We'd then run into the problems of load balancing the data among
the
clients.

Any ideas?

Role:                               Unix System Administrator
Style:                              The Thinking Man's Clown
Name:                               wayneg AT au1.ibm DOT com
Life:       "Imagination is more important than knowledge"   Albert
Einstein