ADSM-L

Sap backint parallel backups

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Subject: Sap backint parallel backups
From: Paul EDMONDSON[SMTP:Paul.EDMONDSON AT DSS.GOV DOT AU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     We are attempting to do parallel backups via backint on a sun sap
box by
     specifying multiple management classes as suggested in the
backint
     documentation. It appeared to work the first time. What we now
see is the
     backint using two sessions, but the data from both sessions goes
to the
     same volume, defeating the parallelism. Sessions alternately have
a status
     of Media-w. We have tried with co-location off and on.

     What factors are influencing the sessions to both use the same
volume?
     Has anyone got this scenario to work (and stay working) and what
parameters
     did they use?

Hi Paul

The only thing I can think of is that the mount limit on your device
 class is set to 1.

Hope this helps

EUGENE